FBC History

Flomich Avenue Baptist Church was started as a branch Sunday School and later as a mission of First Baptist Church of Holly Hill. Guy Stoner was the pastor at that time. 

On October 18, 1953, the first unit of the building was completed and had an enrollment of 34. The first building was started by a gift from the State Mission Board. 

On March 6, 1954, Flomich Avenue Baptist Church was organized as a church. There were 34 charter members.

The present sanctuary was completed in 1955.



Rev. J.L. DuRant Served 1953-August 1959
Rev. M. B. Lamb Served June 1960-1962
Rev. Ken Klingler Served 1962-1967
Rev. Eugene Baxley Served October 1968-December 1986
Rev. David A. Keener Served August 1987- 1989


Rev. Jerry Webb and Paula Webb, currently serving at FBC since October, 1989 


Rev. and Mrs. J.L. DuRant
Mr. and Mrs. N.L. McRae, Sr.
Kay Frances Johnston
Miss Patricia Crabtree
Mr. Edgar J. Penner
Mr. and Mrs. Grady Holton
Mr. and Mrs. Harry Drawdy
Mr. and Mrs. Charles Oliver
Mr. M.B. Buskett
Miss Sylvia McRae
Mr. Dick Smith
Dr. and Mrs. John Langford
Mr. and Mrs. Andy Johnston
Mr. and Mrs. Carl Crabtree
Mr. and Mrs. John Beeny
Mr. and Mrs. Isaac Graham
Mr. and Mrs. Frank Creaser
Mr. and Mrs. N. L. McRae, Jr.
Mr. and Mrs. Glen Munsey
Miss Sharon McRae
Miss Hazel McRae